Let’s take the time to appreciate Nana Addo. It’s not easy being a president; a Twitter user says
1. Free SHS
He introduced the Free Senior High School Policy when he was elected in 2016. Though with few hurdles, the program is still in place
2. One district one factory
A policy where factories will be built in every district in Ghana. This program rolled successfully.
3. Completing Ho airport
A project started by H.E John Mahama during his tenure is almost at the completion stage under Nana Addo.
4. Mobile money interoperability
Unlike before, mobile money users were unable to transfer cash from one network to another. Now they can.
5. VW, Sinotruk, Kantanka Group, and Nissan are all assembling vehicles in Ghana.
6. Digital address system
7. Free Wifi to all 722 senior high schools, the 46 Colleges of Education, 260 district education offices, and an initial successful pilot of 13 public universities
8. Restarted the operations of AngloGold Ashanti’s Obuasi Mine, the Ghana Publishing Company, WAMCO, as well as GhanaPost with attendant job creation
9. Tamale airport phase 11
10. Free water and Free electricity during the covid-19 pandemic